What We Do
With over 25 years of serving Springfield, Ohio, The Nehemiah Foundation has established itself as a neutral convener, actively uniting ministries, churches, and individuals in the community for Christ. With intentional gatherings, events, and conversations, Nehemiah hosts opportunities of community members to work together to establish common ground around common concerns for a common impact.
The challenges in our community would be daunting to face alone. But together we can identify and prioritize how to address these needs as a community. Nehemiah provides thought leadership for the Christian community on how to respond to these concerns.
The Nehemiah Foundation provides insight into these concerns through the following ongoing activities:
- Defining a Christian community vision
- Researching and evaluating the most pressing needs in our community
- Identifying best practices and opportunities to address these needs
- Creating a network of churches and ministries
- Providing support and connections for local Pastors
- Hosting Prayer gatherings for civic, business, education, and nonprofit leaders
Recognizing a lack of unity in our Christian community, The Nehemiah Foundation is working with ministries and churches to create an overarching strategic Christian vision for the Springfield and Clark County.
We serve as a neutral convener for the Body of Christ to come together on common ground.
The Nehemiah Foundation is building a network of Christian churches and ministries to address areas of distress in our community through the love of God. Bringing our time, talents and treasures together, we can create more visible, lasting outcomes for our community that will be evident in our homes, our churches and our neighborhoods.
In our first 25 years, The Nehemiah Foundation has:
What Our Partners Are Saying
We support our partners in the following areas:
- Training and strengthening ministry and church leaders
- Convening the Body of Christ through
- Strategic thinking and coordination
- Church cooperative initiatives and events
- Coordinating local calendars
- Pastoral support
We support the Greater Springfield region in the following areas:
- Researching needs and birthing new ministries
- Sharing information about opportunities
- Hosting community conversations
- Initiating prayer gatherings
- Partnering with mountains of influence (religion, family, education, government, media, healthcare, business, arts and entertainment)
We support donors in the following areas:
- Researching and evaluating the most pressing needs of our community.
- Identifying best practices and opportunities to address these needs.
- Providing volunteer and giving opportunities for local initiatives, ministries, and churches
- Updating donors about local ministries, community events, and ways to get connected