Job Description, Oct. 1, 2020
The Executive Director is the implementer of Nehemiah’s work (and therefore, God’s work) in Springfield and Clark County. This person has three core duties as described below. The position works closely with staff and reports directly to our Board of Directors. This position pays an annual salary of $50k with potential to increase as the annual budget increases.
Here’s what the ED of Nehemiah needs to get done:
- Create Connections around God’s work in our city and county: Works closely with business partners, churches, ministries and community leaders to fulfill the organization vision and mission.
- Responsible for operating the day to day activities of Nehemiah. This is a non-profit and the Board of Directors has set the strategic vision and budget. Nehemiah needs you to make it happen each and every day.
- Responsible for communicating effectively in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Manage the money: Help grow partner connections while controlling expenses and generating revenue.
- Responsible for controlling the finances while operating within the approved budget. You’ll have the support of a contract accountant, operations director, resource committee and board treasurer. Report financial statements to Board at monthly meetings.
- Implement programs that work! You’ll be responsible for making sponsorship asks, adding monthly donors, applying for grants, and more in order to bring in the cash to run the organization.
- There is money out there for organizations like Nehemiah. You’ll be responsible for looking under the various rocks to see where you can find additional dollars to support Christian impact and unification in our community.
- Gets it done: Grabs the torch and executes on the tasks necessary to run the organization.
- Responsible effective administration of Nehemiah’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization within established policies.
- Responsible for maintaining key partner relationships.
- Responsible for developing new partnership opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring Nehemiah programs are executed to the highest possible standards.
- Responsible for communicating Nehamiah’s value to partners and the public.
- Must have an ability to execute on tasks to run an organization.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector a plus.
- Ability to see the big picture and ACT to achieve it.
- Be personable! Must be able to relate to leaders and key stakeholders.
- Emails, phone calls, work a room at an event, welcome new participants…all part of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and contractors.
- If you’re shy about asking for money or help, this role isn’t for you.
- A background in non-profit grant writing and/or fundraising would be valuable in this role.
- Personal and spiritual alignment with the organization’s mission and vision to give each person in our community the opportunity to have a relationship with God and Jesus Christ.
To apply starting October 2, email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time or Contract (A per week average number of hours will be negotiated with the successful candidate. We estimate this job will require a minimum of 32 hours per week.)
Salary: Up to a salary of $50,000/year
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA
Monday to Friday, some weekends with advance notice
Company’s Facebook page:
- 616 N. Limestone Street, Springfield, OH
- Various event and meeting locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Faith-based but non-denominational
This Job Is:
- For someone who is self-disciplined and can make things happen
- Ideal for a “connector” or natural networker
- For someone with non-profit or business experience
- For someone with or without formal experience in ministry or spiritual non-profit work
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Some nights and weekends with plenty of notice
- 8-hour shift